Webview Patient Portal
What is WebView?
- Webview is a patient portal that allows our patients to connect through a secured gateway to their electronic medical record in our office. Patients may send and receive secure messages and may request and view appointments online. We can communicate lab and radiology results and interpretation to you through this site. Hopefully, this will prevent telephone tag and use of our telephone mailbox system.
- When you click Webview link you are connected to the Webview Gateway Server, administered by Practice Partner in Seattle. The Gateway uses secured connections (SSL) to gather your information off our computer server, encrypt it for passage through the internet and the decrypt it at your computer when you log on to Webview with appropriate credentials. We believe the process is as secure as we can make it at this time.
How do I sign up for WebView?
- You will need to fill out the sign up form. You will be given a login name. You will give us an email address, a password, and a question and answer (up to 30 characters each) which will let you retrieve a lost password. You will need to sign the form.
- Ask the front desk at your next visit to sign up, or download the sign up form HERE. This is a fillable pdf file. Print out and fax back to the office at 801-387-2572 or mail to us at Ogden Gastro 4403 Harrison Blvd., Suite 4410, Ogden, Utah 84403.
How do I connect to WebView?
- In the user name field, enter the user name we provided in the office or by mail.
- In the password field, enter the password we provided. This is a temporary password. You will be prompted to change this temporary password. We advise guarding this password in a secure location.
How do I log out of WebView?
- Click on the log out link on the top left of the page. The login screen will reappear. This shows that you have successfully logged out.
- You should always log out of your online chart when exiting.
How do I read/compose/send a message from/to my doctor’s office?
- Log in to Webview at www.ogdengastro.com
- Enter login and password information.
- From the main screen, select Messages, Inbox A list of messages displays. Click on the blue (or red) link under subject. The message will open in a new window or tab (red arrow). Open the tab.
Ogden Gastro, WebView Patient Portal Agreement
You must agree to this “WebView Agreement” (“Agreement” or “Terms and Conditions”) before you use the WebView Portal. Please read the terms of the Agreement as described below:
These Terms and Conditions constitute a binding agreement between the user (“you”) and Ogden Gastro, its physicians, employees, contractors, affiliates, subsidiaries, owners, officers and directors, and agents (together hereinafter “OG”). By agreeing to these Terms and Conditions, you acknowledge that you are at least 18 years of age, or legally emancipated, and that you are requesting access to portions of your personal health information and the ability to communicate with your OG health care team via the Internet using an electronic application called the WebView Portal. You acknowledge that the WebView Portal is offered as a courtesy to OG’s patients in order to allow you to view your personal medical information and/or to send private messages to and from your health care provider and agree that OG may limit or discontinue your use of the WebView Portal at any time for any reason.
By signing this Agreement you agree to the following rules for utilizing the WebView Portal from OG:
- I understand that the WebView Portal is NOT to be used for urgent or emergency medical care situations. In the event of a medical emergency I will call for local 911 services, or go directly to the emergency room.
- I understand that it may take up to 72 hours to receive a response to an email request that I send. I understand that IF I do NOT receive a response within 72 hours I will contact OG via telephone at (801) 387-2550.
- The individual WebView Portal username and password you choose when you first login to the WebView Portal are the keys to protecting the confidentiality of your information. You are responsible for remembering your WebView Portal username and password and for keeping them confidential. We strongly suggest writing down your WebView Portal username and password and keeping them in a safe place for future reference. Anyone with access to your WebView Portal username and password will be able to view your personal medical information and communicate with your health care team as if that person were you. It is your responsibility to prevent disclosure of your access code and password and change your password if you feel that your security has been compromised. You can change your password online at any time. You are solely responsible for any sharing of OG content that you intentionally or unintentionally communicate to others.
- You may request a WebView Portal account for yourself, for your minor children, and any other person who has given you written authority (a “Proxy”). You may not request or access a WebView Portal account for anyone else. By accepting these Terms and Conditions, you certify that you are authorized to open or access the account you are requesting and that all information you have provided to OG is true and correct to the best of your knowledge. You further agree that in the event you request a WebView Portal account or information on behalf of a Proxy you will be required to provide documentation of your authority (for example, a durable healthcare power of attorney) before you can receive an access code to complete registration or access that person’s health information.
- Once you have activated your WebView Portal account, the WebView Portal will become the primary vehicle to receive important messages from your participating provider(s) and other personal medical information. You MUST provide us with your email address when activating your WebView Portal account and keep your email address current to ensure that you receive notification of newly released information in a timely manner. You may continue to receive communications via the United States Postal Service or other means from OG, but OG prefers to send you confidential information secured means via WebView.
- All communications between you and your OG health care team using the WebView Portal are carried over a secure, encrypted connection directly into the OG electronic medical record. While you may receive Internet e-mail messages notifying you of new messages in your WebView Portal Inbox, these e-mails will not contain any personal health information. It is your responsibility to login to your WebView Portal account and read the messages promptly.
- I understand that providers and staff at OG may use the WebView Portal to communicate lab and test results to me, and I accept this method of communication.
- I understand that I should remember to log out and close my internet browser each time when I am finished accessing password-protected WebView Portal services. This will prevent someone else from accessing my personal medical information if I leave, share, or use a public computer or unsecured wireless network: e.g.; internet café, library, kiosk, etc.
- While OG uses state-of-the-art security, no system can guard against risks of intentional intrusion or inadvertent disclosure of information. When using the WebView Portal, information will be transmitted over a medium that is beyond the control of OG and its contractors. YOU HEREBY EXPRESSLY ASSUME THE RISK OF ANY UNAUTHORIZED DISCLOSURE OR INTENTIONAL INTRUSION, OR OF ANY DELAY, FAILURE, INTERRUPTION OR CORRUPTION OF DATA OR OTHER INFORMATION TRANSMITTED IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OF THIS SERVICE. Once information is received by us, your medical information will be treated as confidential and given the same protection that all other OG medical records are given.
- By using the WebView Portal, you acknowledge and agree that this messaging service is intended to facilitate dialogue regarding personal health matters. You agree not to use the WebView Portal to post or send or post any illicit or offensive material.
- I understand that messages will be routed to the appropriate department as necessary for handling, and therefore OG employees, other than your healthcare provider (physician, nurse practitioner and/or physician’s assistant), may be involved in addressing your request. If your physician is out of the office or unavailable to respond, messages sent via the WebView Portal may be routed to other authorized healthcare providers within OG to facilitate a timely response to your request. Therefore use of the WebView Portal may not be appropriate if there is sensitive information that you want to discuss directly with your healthcare provider.
- I understand that the OG health care team may send me messages, test results, and other communications via the WebView Portal as authorized in the sole discretion of my physician. These messages may contain information important to my health and medical care. It is my responsibility to monitor these messages. By entering your valid and functional e-mail address at registration, I have enabled OG to notify me of messages sent to my WebView Portal Inbox.
- OG shall not be liable for any loss, injury, illness, damages, or claims of any kind resulting from your failure to timely read messages you may receive through the Webview Portal.
- You may discontinue your use of the WebView Portal at anytime by deactivating your account.
- OG reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to limit or discontinue your use of the WebView Portal at any time and for any reason, including but not limited to your use of the WebView Portal on behalf of another person. You will be notified if your WebView Portal service is discontinued.
- As we provide your health care, we are required to maintain documentation of your medical history, current conditions, treatment plan and all treatments given, including the results of all tests, procedures and therapies. The WebView Portal is an Internet application that enables a patient to have secured Web-based access to personal clinical information, as released by the treating physician, and allows secure electronic messaging with participating DFP physicians. By using the WebView Portal, you understand that not all of your DFP medical record will be accessible through your WebView Portal account. Posting of information to your WebView Portal account is at the sole discretion of your individual physician(s).
- Messages you send or receive via the WebView Portal may become part of your permanent medical record at the sole discretion of your physician. If such messages are made part of your permanent medical record, they will be accessible to current and future OG staff members who are involved with your care.
- All OG-generated electronic medical records are subject to state and federal regulations governing the security and confidentiality of medical records.
- All content included in the WebView Portal and on all OG web sites, including, but not limited to, text, photographs, graphics, button icons, images, artwork, names, logos, trademarks, service marks and data (“Content”), in any form are protected by U.S. and international copyright law and conventions. The Content includes both Content owned or controlled by OG, its subsidiaries or affiliates as well as Content owned or controlled by third parties and licensed to OG. Reproduction of any Content, in whole or in part, by any means, is prohibited without the express written consent of OG.
- OG grants a limited license to each user to make personal use only of the Web site and the associated services in accordance with these terms and conditions of use. This license expressly excludes, without limitation, any reproduction, duplication, sale, resale or other commercial use of the Web site and the associated services, making any derivative of the Web site or the associated services, the collection and use of user email addresses or other user information, including, without limitation, health information or any data extraction or data mining whatsoever.
- OG’s Privacy Statement. OG is committed to protecting the privacy of the information you send and receive through the WebView Portal. This Privacy Statement applies to the WebView Portal and governs data collection and usage. By using WebView Portal, you consent to all terms and conditions described in this Privacy Statement.
- This Web site and the WebView Portal may contain links to Web sites operated by other parties which might have information on health topics of interest to you. Any such links are provided for your general information and education only, and should NOT be relied upon for personal diagnosis or treatment. OG does not sponsor or endorse any of these sites, nor does OG make any guarantee, warranty or representation regarding the accuracy of the information contained on the Web sites. OG has no control over the security or privacy practices of these external Web sites. Use of other sites is strictly at your own risk including, but not limited to, any risks associated with destructive viruses. You are responsible for viewing and abiding by the terms and conditions of use and the privacy statements of the other Web sites.
- Failure to comply with any of the Terms and Conditions contained herein may result in revocation of a user’s license and cancellation of a user’s WebView Portal account including the right to access information through WebView Portal on behalf of any proxies.OG reserves the right to report violations of law to appropriate law enforcement agencies and to pursue all other rights and remedies available to it under civil or criminal law.
- I understand that the Terms & Conditions of this disclaimer and user Agreement may change periodically. Such modifications will take effect immediately upon the posting to the OG website. I understand that I should review this Agreement routinely for changes and modifications.
- I hereby agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless OG its physicians, employees, contractors, affiliates, subsidiaries, owners, officers and directors, and agents from and against all actions, claims, suits, demands, damages, judgments, losses and any other costs, liabilities and expenses, including reasonable attorneys fees and collections cost arising from any act, error, or omissions of OG and the provision of or failure to provide any of the services within the scope of the WebView Portal duties as outlined in the Agreement, included but not limited to, advisory and consulting services.
- I understand that my access to the WebView Portal will be monitored through log on audit.
- I understand that this Agreement is designed to, and by express agreement between the parties, does in fact reach as far as Utah law permits.
- By using OG’s website including but not limited to the WebView Portal, you agree that the laws of the state of Utah, without regard to principles of conflict of laws, will govern these Terms and Conditions of Use and any dispute that might arise between you and OG its physicians, employees, contractors, affiliates, subsidiaries, owners, officers and directors, and agents (together “OG”). You expressly agree that exclusive jurisdiction for any dispute with OG resides in the courts of Utah and you further agree and expressly consent to the exercise of personal jurisdiction in the courts of Utah in connection with any claim involving OG. Use of OG’s Web site is unauthorized in any jurisdiction that does not give effect to the terms and conditions set forth herein.
- By signing the Agreement I understand and agree to all the terms and conditions in the Agreement. The invalidity of any provision(s) or portions of the provision(s) of this Agreement shall not affect any other provision(s) or portions thereof. In the event that one or more provisions (or portions thereof) of this Agreement are declared legally invalid, the remainder of this Agreement shall remain in force and affect. Changes in the law affecting this Agreement shall be deemed incorporated upon their effective date. I understand that the availability and functionality of the WebView Portal may change without prior notice. I understand and agree to not hold OG, nor its physicians, employees, contractors, affiliates, subsidiaries, owners, officers and directors, and agents liable for any unanswered WebView Portal messages or requests.